In the radius of 500 km there are many financial and industrial centres and harbours. The geographical location makes Tartu region very attractive logistically.
The distances from nearest capitals and big cities of the neighbouring countries from Tartu:
- Tallinn (capital of Estonia) – 2 hours
- Helsinki (Finland) – 0.5 hours by plane or 5-6 hours by car and ferry
- Riga (Latvia) – 3.5 hours
- Saint Petersburg (Russia) – 5 hours
Regular airlines from Tartu were launched in 2009. Additional information can be found here.
Movement of goods:
- to Lahti, Finland –2-3 days
- to Stockholm, Sweden – 2-3 days
- to Warsaw, Poland – 2 days
- to Paris, France – 4 days
- to Hamburg, Germany – 4 days
Cargo airports in Riga and Tallinn – 3 hours away